Part of the (upper) skin is sanded.
Sweeping, washing and disinfection you do from the center outwards. It is less painful when that happens within thirty minutes. The nerve endings are still stunned by the trauma.
Cover lightly and sterile. In small, clean wounds and abrasions is a disinfectant not really necessary.

(Betadine turns brown, so you can see where it is applied. If the color disappears it worked out and you have to reapply.)

abrasionsAnimals lick their wounds. And ours too. It is an instinctive reaction.
Saliva also contains bacteria, however. But it seems beneficial for wounds (opinions are divided). It is the oldest disinfectant. ”Mammies ointment” contains enzymes that fight bacteria. By day you produce between 500ml - 1000ml saliva. Immunoglobulins fight bad bacteria and keep
the teeth in relatively good condition.
The proverbial licking the wounds is probably not that stupid. I would limit it to small, private and clean wounds.
Alas, some people have even a tendency to lick their tongue into the mouth of another. Even that is increasing resistance and rarely fatal...

Saliva, mucus and tears contain lysozyme, an antimicrobial enzyme as a first-line defense against penetrating pathogens. The 12 salivary glands of an adult produce approximately 1.5 liters of saliva per day. 99.5% of this is water. The remaining 0.5% contains opiorfine, a painkiller that is 6x more powerful than morphine. But in a miniscule amount.

Autumn joy (Hylotelephium telephium, synonyms: Sedum telephium, S. purpurascens and S. purpureum) is a perennial plant, which belongs to the succulent family (Crassulaceae).
You can break the sheet, then there is a membrane that can be peeled in the treatment of open wounds.

Dodoens mentioned it already as Wondencruyt (Miracle Herb) (also for burns).
His Cruydeboeck (Book of herbs) this Malinois botanist and physician (1518 - 1585 Leiden) published in 1554 in Dutch, with 715 illustrations. It was repeatedly expanded and reissued (also in French and Latin).

Instinct is unlearned knowledge (Alexander Bain)
Intuition: instinct that makes a woman feel that she is right. Even if she's wrong. (Nora Porter)